1. These cell phones are designed to appeal ---------- to people in their late teens or early twenties.
2. Our team was told to finish the project however we wanted as ---------- as it was done by the end of the month.
3. The courts ought ---------- black and white defendants in exactly the same way.
C. to treat
D. be treating
4. A decade ago, the company was facing ----------, but it survived and has been successful.
5. The restaurant serves unique regional seafood which has still become the most popular dish ---------- among diners.
6. If we ---------- the plans carefully, we would not have erred seriously.
A. had studied
D. were studying
7. The captain of the flight requested that all passengers ---------- the seat belt while facing the turbulence.
C. must fasten
D. should be fastened
8. Management relies ---------- on its ongoing review of the loan portfolio.
9. Even in a snowstorm that shut down half of the city, our delivery service got all of our packages ---------- on time.
C. to deliver
10. If his itinerary hasn't changed, which it frequently does, the president's flight Arrives ---------- Rome in two hours.
11. The vice president was ------------- with the applicant's enthusiasm for the biochemical research project.
12. The man ---------- greeted you in the hallway is the director of the company.
13. All the money was ---------- to the client after he expressed his dissatisfaction with our work.
14. You can either finish the report tonight --------- - come in to the office on Saturday and finish it then.
15. The rent on these offices ---------- close to fifty percent since we first signed our lease.
A. has gone up
B. go up
C. were going up
D. is going up
16. The creativity that Ms. Barbara has brought to the company is so extraordinary that without her the company might ---------- never have become this successful.
17. Henry Penn was in charge of inspecting the libraries which has been ---------- renovation.
18. Our recently appointed Sales Director, Ottmeier, would like to introduce ----------.
19. We could save time by using other people, who could do the work ----------.
C. most quickly
D. more quickly
20. The annual seminar for all employees will ---------- in July next year.
A. take place
B. make up
C. hold on
D. give up